Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wondering what to do with those scraps?

Well, I have an idea ... make a bookmark!
What a great way to use up those little pieces and odds and ends.  If you are like me, ou hate to throw that stuff away, but soon your pile of 'extras' grows into a basket of items which then grows into a basket full of stuff that you dread going through because there is just so much there and you will probably spend as much time going through your 'stuff' as you will actually creating your masterpiece!

Ha!  Well, a little organizational tip ... when I finish a project, I try and keep all the extra 'stuff' together.  If I know there's not enough for a full blown layout or project, I throw it all (the matching stuff) into a ziplock bag .. you know, the big ones.  They work perfectly.   Then, when I need to throw a little something together, you can just grab a bag of the color scheme you want to work with and go.


And WALA .... you have my Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Design Team project for Wednesday!

For today, I've created a bookmark.
It's pretty simple to pull together.  Grab at least one patterned piece of cardstock, some solids, leftover ribbon, some bling (gotta have bling),  and a paper piecing or digi stamp.

I've chosen a digi stamp for my bookmark.  I was in the coloring mood, and can always use some practice shading.  I've chosen to use my Prisma colored pencils, odorless mineral spirits and blending stubs to color.

This is the end result:

The full view of the bookmark
And here is a close up of that colored image

The digi stamp that I used can be found HERE on the Little Scraps of Heaven Designs website.
The papers that I used are from a DCWV stack titled "The Whimsy Stack".

Stay tuned for another NEW project on Friday.
Remember that the Little Scraps of Heaven Design team has a challenge every Friday.  Enter to win free patterns.  Check out the blog for more details.


2 comments:

  1. that is a great tip!! gonna make some book marks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea for scraps! I also use my scraps for circle punches and flower embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...